Workflow Detail: Monitor & Report Configuration Status
The purpose of this workflow detail is:
- To determine if the product meets both functional and physical requirements.
- To determine if required artifacts are stored in a controlled library and
- To ensure that artifacts and baselines are available.
- To support project Configuration Status Accounting activities that are
based on a formalized recording, and reporting on the status of proposed
changes, and the status of the implementation of proposed changes.
- To facilitate product review through defect tracking and reporting
- To ensure that data is 'rolled-up' and reported for the purposes of
tracking progress and trends.
How to Staff
The Configuration Manager in accordance with the Configuration Management
Plan needs to provide quantitative reports that can be used to assess the